CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Lucky Wallet.10.7.10

I've had this wallet for over a year now. It's very roomy, it was really inexpensive, and it has held up really well. It looks almost the same as when I first got it. But, the most remarkable thing about it is that it seems to refuse to be stolen. No matter how careless or forgetful I am, I miraculously get it returned to me.

I am not a lucky person and never have been. I don't win contests, don't catch lucky breaks and don't expect to either. But now, in this one particular instance, I have been incredibly lucky.

The first time this wallet proved to be lucky was at the beginning of this year. I left in a shopping cart in the parking lot of Walmart. As soon as I realized where I had left it I KNEW there was no hope of getting it back. I called them anyway (JUST TO MAKE SURE), and low and behold they had it! It had all the cash still in it, all my credit cards, gift cards and a check in it also. I was so amazed that something so extremely lucky could happen to ME. 

So, back to the here and now, I misplaced my wallet last Saturday when shopping at Fresh and Easy. I'm not sure where at in the store I left it,  but I know that was the last place i had it. I went in and asked them if they had found it and they said they hadn't. They told me they would check the cameras though, and call me after looking at them. I had made up my mind that I wasn't going to get it back since I had already had my fair share of good luck with my wallet. I canceled my debit card and had accepted my wallet was gone. Meanwhile Devin and I were hanging out with friends and had forgotten we were supposed to get a call back(that was at 1pm). We got home around 9 and I remembered we hadn't gotten a call back from them checking the cameras. We then found a note on the door from the Avondale police saying that someone had turned in my wallet to them. 

When I got it back from the police, they told me it was turned in "anonymously" and didn't give me a name of who turned it in. I think that someone who worked at Fresh and Easy stole it and when they saw it on the cameras, the person who saw the camera helped the thief out and told them to turn it into the police. I NEVER got a call back from them, and when i called them back the next day they acted really shady over the phone. I guess I still can't really complain since I DID get the wallet back, but I don't think I'll do very much more shopping there. 

Anyways, whether you call it luck, karma, serendipity, a fluke or a blessing, I won't be buying a new wallet anytime soon. I'll stick with my lucky wallet for now. :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny. I hate when people act that way. So glad you got it back, I am so paranoid that it will happen to me someday.

    ReplyDelete